Friday, August 12, 2016

Unicorns and Glitter!


Not my usual style, but I have to admit I love this whimsical little Unicorns and Rainbows stamp set. It's just packed with adorable little elements!


The challenge this month for the CT is journal pages. I have a couple of journals - one is A5 but I also have a teeny weeny little one I got in Jo-Ann's last time I was in the States. I love the size of this because it's quick to create and also I can take it with me when I travel.

Here's how I made it:


1) Coat the page with gesso and when dry stencil the raindrops with modelling paste.

2) When the paste is dry, spray inks (I used two colours) and tilt the page to let them drip down. Dry with a heat tool. Repeat if desired.

3) Replace the stencil over the modelling paste and ink through with Colorbox Ice ink to tint the raindrops.

4) Colour and cut out the stamped images and glue in place. Add some touches of glitter to the stamping and some doodles to the page to finish.

Hope you like this little cutie!

Katy x


Products used:


Susan K Weckesser for Unity Stamp: Unicorns and Rainbows
Susan K. Weckesser Colorbox Color Pop Ink: Ice
Raindrop stencil (That's Crafty)
Modelling paste (DecoArt Media)
Stickles: Stardust
Alcohol markers
Blue ink sprays
Black inkpad

2 comments:

  1. LOVE how you colored the embossing paste through the stencil !! This page is SO cute !!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe