Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunny Journal Page


Today I've created a journal page that's a homage to our wonderful Creative Team leader, Susan K. Weckesser herself. Susan is quite the most positive, upbeat and optimistic person I think I have ever met. So my words on this page remind me that she always sees the good in every single day including the bad, hard ones; even on the darkest days, the sun still rises. Thank you Susan for being an inspiration!

It's quite pared down (for me anyway!) as I wanted the beautiful stamps to take centre stage here. I really love both sets I used here!

Susan K. Weckesser Inc products used:
Fly Away stamp set by Unity
Grunge Fun stamp set by Jillian Vance
Colorbox Color Pop Inks: Ice, Sky, Mystery, Snow

Here's how I made it:
1) Repeatedly stamp the dots from Grunge Fun in Ice ink onto a journal page. Apply the stamp randomly without using an acrylic block, as you don't want full coverage. Repeat using Sky ink, but more sparingly, and using the second impression to get variations of colour tone.

2) Ink a piece of card with Ice ink and stamp two clouds with Sky ink. Cut them out. Stamp the sun onto painted card with Mystery Ink, heat set, cut out and add some additional colour with an orange pencil. Sponge the clouds with a little bit of Snow ink to make them look 'fluffy'.



3) Stamp the clouds and sun onto the background with Mystery ink and glue the cut out images over the top. Extend the strings with black pen as necessary.

4) Hand write your journaling as desired (tip - I can't write nicely so I pick a lovely font, print it off on thin printer paper, trace it with pencil onto my page then go over it with permanent pen. It looks like I wrote it! Yep, I cheated folks!)


I hope you like my journal page and that you've had a sunny day today :).

Katy x



1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I enjoyed reading your post!
    Joyce Shaulis

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe