Monday, August 29, 2016

Grandma's Needlepoint Garden

Deb here with my last post for August - another Art Journal page. I chose to use the Susan K Weckesser stamp set Grandma's Needlepoint since it has always been one of my favorites. I embroidered as a child and then as a teenager. I was quite the hippie and embroidered all over my blue jeans !! My mother and her mother were both excellent seamstresses, so this set also reminds me of them.



To start the page, I swiped inks onto an acrylic block - Ice and Fresh, both from Susan's collection of Clearsnap Colorbox Color POP ink pads. I then applied the inks to my journal page using an ink blending tool and a stencil. The  Tim Holtz Doily stencil has a pattern reminiscent of the doilies on the arms of the chairs at my parent's and grandparent's houses.


The silver pattern on the Left side of the page was created with the Doodle stencil by Susan and modeling paste by Art-C. Inside each circle are flowers that I stamped, colored and fussy-cut. They are from Journal Doodles With A Heart and each are popped up with a dimensional. They are just SO cute !!




At the upper and lower corners of the Right side, I used some rub-ons that I have had for many years by  Fancy Pants Designs. The images of the girl, birds, butterflies and sewing stitches were all stamped in Mystery / Colorbox Color POP ink and colored with a variety of Distress Markers, Stabilos and Stampin' Up markers.

For the tag, I used an American Crafts Newspaper Tag and my old friend, Mod Podge / Gloss . I printed the words to the Monet quote, cut them out, then adhered them to the tag with a few coats of Mod Podge. I placed the tag on the journal page with Dimensionals. I hope that you like my last post for August. Art Journaling is out of my comfort zone but I really had fun creating this page. Stay tuned for a new theme in September from Susan's team !!


Stamp Set Used :


Debra Davison
Susan K Weckesser Creative Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe