Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Art Journal Fun

Hi everyone, Steph here and I've been creating in my Art Journal.  While I don't frequently work in my art journal, when I do, I find it so freeing to create whatever I want with no expectations. 

Today I've used the following stamp sets:
What's Up Gnomey?
A Little Bit Washi
At Ground Level
Fly Away
Going Wild
Tumbleweed Houses

I am also using the newest Colorbox® Color Pop Archival Dye Ink by Susan K. Weckesser - such amazing colors.


Since my journal is filled with kraft colored pages, I began by gessoing the pages.  I really wanted the colors on the pages to pop.  Once dry, I inked the pages with Fresh and Sky and Cocoa, then randomly painted the pages with assorted colors of paint.



While waiting for the pages to dry, I stamped and colored the images I wanted to use then fussy cut them.  Several stamps from A Little Bit Washi were stamped in several colors around the pages.  Leaves and mushrooms from What's Up Gnomey were stamped directly on the pages.  Flowers from At Ground Level were stamped on the pages and then colored using a water brush. A fussy cut cloud was added and the tiny leaves from What's Up Gnomey were used as raindrops.



I know Mr. Fox seems to have been added for no apparent reason, but he was just too cute to leave out, and there is no right or wrong way to create your art journal pages right?

 
 
I hope I've inspired you to create in your journal today.
 
Thanks for popping by.
 
Steph Ackerman
for Susan K. Weckesser Design Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe