Monday, March 28, 2016

A Mixed-Media Canvas And a Tribute to Ms. Susan K. Weckesser

A bit of a bitter-sweet moment here for me as today I post my last project for the Susan K. Weckesser design team 2015-2016 term. But before I reveal my last project I just want to share that Susan was one of the first people to recognize my artistic bits back in 2012 and that being selected for a guest designer spot on her very first design team gave me the boost my confidence needed to keep trying to find my artistic voice.  I went from a two-month guest designer spot in 2012 to a full-time spot on her design team in 2013-2014 for two full terms, but I just couldn't stay away and I was back again for another stint for this past term. 

My time spent on Susan's design teams has been wonderful.  The designers in this group are supportive, inspirational and oh so very talented, plus I just LOVE everything Susan K. Weckesser!  From the first time I saw one of her stamp sets by Unity Stamps called "Create Your Day" her products have inspired  me, and like any good relationship, they bring out the best in me creatively (or so I think!)... Here are a few of my favorite projects inspired by Susan K. Weckesser products:
Mixed Media Canvas (one of my first)
A Favorite Layout of Mine "What's Your Definition of True Love?"
An Altered Book Bag
A "Simple" Card Recipe



 

I am also fortunate to live not too far from Susan and I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting her, spending time talking with her and being a student in several of her classes.  I actually give her all the credit for my doodling expertise, something I discovered after taking her class called "Do the Doodle" in 2010; (Go HERE to see the layout I created using this technique that was published in Canadian Scrapbooker Fall, 2013.)

So you can see that this post, my last for the design team but NOT my last using Susan's products, is a truly bitter/sweet moment... But I am truly excited to share THIS, my latest 8"x10' mixed media canvas I created featuring Susan K. Weckesser/Unity Stamps sets "Little Haven"  and "Painted Sentiments" , I hope you like it half as much as I did creating!  

Please Note:  for those of you that are interested, I have created a photo-heavy post showing my mixed media process in the creation of this canvas over on My Blog and I would Love if you popped on over to have a look! 

Yours Sincerely and Appreciatively,
For the Susank K. Weckesser Design Team



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and tribute from Lynne For Susan. I too was on the first Design Team with a diverse and awesome group. I remember well the wonderful inspiration themes we received from Susan - still totally unique.
    I wish wonderful for both Susan as she fights with courage and Lynne too as she spreads joy with her art.
    Hugs from Julie in Australia.
    PS a favourite piece I made, a sweet house of Susan's, gives me pleasure as I pass it many times each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will surely miss her. I love the Art you produced with her stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe