Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Welcome Home" Memory File

Hello All!!

Keri Sallee here...ready to show you another fantastic project featuring Susan's Whimsical Paper!!

I have always loved the color combos of Susan's paper, but when I was looking for something in my stash to add with it I couldn't find anything that played well with the colors...until...I found my Heidi Swapp Color Pop Memory Files! 

The coral color mini folder was a PERFECT compliment to Susan's colorful paper.



Here's what I came up with!


I originally thought this would be a great little book for someone buying their first home, but then I thought BIGGER! It could be for a new baby or an adoption or a couple getting married. SO many options!!


I loved the idea of my little couple holding hands and since home is all about love, I added a little natural wooden heart from Studio Calico. My little people are from Hobby Lobby. 



I didn't want my people to be flat acrylic, so I gave them each a healthy layer of Decoart One Step Crackle. This gave my couple not only shine, but some fun interest. 


My title is made with letter stickers from 7Gypsies and  Wooden Letters from Pink Paislee. Again, I wanted my letters to have some texture and interest, but since I didn't want them to "match" my couple, I decided to mix my crackle paint with some acrylic to give my letters a little more of an aged look. This also helped to tone down my BRIGHT yellow letters.

Ready for the inside?


I wanted my inside to be versatile, so I added a place for a single photo on the left and a mini book on the right for a lot more photos and journaling. 


The book was made by simply adhering 4 mini files (from 7Gypsies) to a piece of Susan's Paper than I had folded into an accordion shape.  


To add some fun, I used some bright Tim Holtz Distress ink on the tabs and a cloud from Susan's Paper with some stamped images to form my cover. 


All of my stamped images were colored in by simply watering down my acrylic paint or coloring it in with my white gel pen. Doing this allows the stamped images to show through. (Just a note: Make sure to use a permanent ink, like Ranger's Archival Ink in Jet Black like I did or else your ink will smear when you paint it.) 

So there you go! I hope you liked today's project and it inspires you to make something fabulous!



Until next time friends...choose to make your art intentional...not an afterthought!

XOXO,
KERI








1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe