Friday, March 14, 2014

Time Capsule

I recently lost my grandmother, so I decided to create an art piece in her honor. I created a time capsule with an old photo of my grandmother with her two twin daughters my mom and my aunt.


I created it from a making tape roll that reminded me of a clock's shape. I covered it with SKW patterned papers on the inside and out and also created the backing of the capsule.
I stamped the little SKW house stamp on white cardstock with archival brown ink. Then I covered the roof with clock's parts to compliment the time capsule theme. I colored the rest of the house with colored pencils. I cut it out and attached it to the capsule with a folded piece of cardstock.



I added felt green trees and my grandmother's photo which I cut.



I created grass by using double sided tape and green flower soft. Then I added embellishments like the picket fence which was sprayed with a copper spray, chipboard bicycle and chipboard birds on the top. I finished the capsule with colorful flowers.

This was fun and sad to create but I'm really happy with the result.

Have fun creating!
Einat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe