Monday, March 17, 2014

Less is more.

I'm sure a lot of people are under the impression that the term 'Mixed Media' means lots of layers, paint, mediums and general painty messy fun.

Although I adore the 'painty messy fun'  bit it doesn't always have to be the case. Sometimes less is more as they say.

This piece in my journal started out with the image of the skyline from 'The Purpose of Art' stamp set, coloured with alcohol pens and layered onto scraps of card, was intended for a card, but the colourful buildings gave me a better idea.



Just taking my Micron pen and more alcohol markers I went out into the Spring sunshine and just started to doodle and colour. I can tell you this was so satisfying I can highly recommend it.

I also took a silver Painty pen by Kuretake and touched in the windows with silver.
 

The words 'Live in Color' were stolen from the bottom of a sheet of Susan's Live In Color paper.

 Jaine for the Susan Weckesser team.

x

2 comments:

  1. Jaine I absolutely love this! Will definitely be giving doodling a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jaine! Love all the doodling!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe