Saturday, March 22, 2014

If LOVE were Bricks...A Mixed Media Project

Hello Creative Lovelies!

Keri here and I am very excited to share my project with you today.

Recently I was working on a project and I had mixed some modeling paste and yellow acrylic paint (I was working on a yellow brick road.) When I was done with my "road" I had a ridiculous amount of product left, so I grabbed a piece of 8x10 gray matte board, my Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Brick Stencil and just used it all up.

Then...now what?

I let it sit for a few days and then came up with the idea of just doing a CRAZY colorful background to match Susan's whimsical paper and go from there.

Here is what I came up with:


As you can see, the little house from Susan's paper fit PERFECTLY nestled with my yellow bricks.

To give you an idea what's underneath all that, here is a pic of what it looked like with just the bricks and Tattered Angels Paints


To get this effect, I sprayed my Tattered Angels like "normal"  here and there and also took the caps off and pressed the sprayer. This causes big "blobs" to come from the bottom of the tube and gives a really distressed look. 

To add to my grungy background I:

(1) used Susan's "Splatter", "In Circle Me" and "A Little Bit of Washi" from Unity Stamp Company all over the background. I also used the "Splatter" stamp on my pink Thickers for my "LOVE" word.

(2) painted on bubble wrap with brown acrylic paint and stamped it.

(3) used a clock stencil (also from The Crafter's Workshop) and a gold paint.

(4) added some random white rub-ons (this was a great use for some ANCIENT Basic Grey rub-ons I had!)



I also distressed my little house so that it matched my background better and added some dimensional glaze to the hearts. 


This project is in honor of my amazing hubby who has helped me build a home for my kids that I always dreamed of growing up in. 

Until next time friends...remember to make your art intentional, not an afterthought.

XOXO,
Keri 









2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe