Hello there. I am honored to be a guest designer for one of my favorite people, Susan Weckesser. One of the reasons I applied to be a guest designer is because I love how inspirational all of Susan's products are. It is for this reason I decided to start my piece with Susan's stamp "inspire" and go from there. This word led me to a quote I just love by John Quincy Adams which says "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
- 12” x 12” canvas
- Susiebee Studios “Boquet” paper
- Susiebee Studios “Color Burst” paper
- Susiebee Studios “Live in Color” paper
- The Paper Company “Paisley Sunshine” paper
- Susan Weckesser & unity “Create your Day” stamps
- Susan Weckesser & unity “Painted Sentiments” stamps
- Ranger-Tim Holtz: Distress Paint-Black Soot
- Ranger-Tim Holtz: Distress Paint-Brushed Pewter
- Westcott: Scissor 6" Precision Titanium
- Golden: Gel Medium-Matte
- Raw canvas sheet
- black card-stock
- Adhere “Paisley Sunshine” paper to canvas with Gel Medium.
- Cut out sun circle and glue it onto the “Color Burst” paper.
- Draw lines coming out of each sun ray that extend to edges of page.
- Cut out every other sun ray and adhere the sun and rays to background.
- Adhere a strip of “Boquet” paper to bottom of canvas as grass.
- Stamp 5 birds onto black card-stock with Pewter Distress Paint.
- Dab Black Distress Paint onto cloud stamp and press into raw canvas 3x.
- Cut out all 5 birds without legs and clouds with Precision scissors.
- Write out words onto white card-stock and cut them out in strips.
- Stamp the word “inspire” onto background and add other words with paint.
- Arange and then glue down birds, words and clouds with Gel Medium.
- Embelish to your hearts desire with paint and ink, etc.
Wishing you smiles and sunshine,