Tuesday, November 27, 2012

There is a Blog Hop Going on over at Helmar & Authentique

AuthentiqueHelmarWeckesser3

                                            I missed the Authentique & Helmar Blog hop because I have had the flu. I wanted to post what I created for it anyways because I really had fun playing with the beautiful paper and of course Helmars adhesives!

The paper that I used where from Authentique’s ‘Peaceful Collection’.

AuthentiqueHelmarWeckesser1

I started by taking a piece of cardstock and sponging the sides with PanPastels. To set the PanPastel, I used Helmars Crystal Kote Fixative spray.

AuthentiqueHelmarWeckesser4

I then cut out pieces of Authentique’s beautiful paper and started to layer. I glued buttons, doilies, and some of the paper on with Helmar’s 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. Other pieces of paper, I just stapled on to give a whimsical and aged effect.450 Quick Dry Adhesive 4.23 fl.oz

AuthentiqueHelmarWeckesser5

 

To create dimension, I used Helmars Zapdots ,and then I tucked some more paper pieces and buttons underneath. I always love to create an aged look, so I took out my Tim Holtz Distressed Crackle Paint and I had fun roughing up the edges.

lgpics_DistressCrackleClearRockCandy4ozs

AuthentiqueHelmarWeckesser6

I wanted to age the paper doily a bit, so I used Clearsnap gold smooch. I used just a bit to color up the edges.

Oh, and the picture I used is actually one of my own that I took with my IPhone and then had it printed at Social Print Studio. Super fun and cute to do!

Social Print Studio

 

I now  have a little Christmas Gift to give away and it was super fun and easy to make! Love it! Be sure to check out all the {wonderful} work going on for the Authentique & Helmar Blog hop at

Helmar  http://helmarusa.typepad.com/blog/

and

Authentique  http://blog.authentiquepaper.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun is this? I Love your design...so many fun pieces.
    Hope your feeling better

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe